What to Sell on eBay: Fabric Yardage

Cuttin' it up.
The extent of my knowledge of sewing and fabric is this: 



That is to say, I know nothing of fabric, sewing, and notions. Heck, I'm even surprised the word "notions" in a sewing context is in my vocabulary. But there is one thing related to fabric that I do understand. Flipping that yardage for a profit.

In my ongoing quest to find items I can resell for extra cash in my spare time, no genre of item is ruled out. Some items aren't practical, some aren't worth the effort, and some I just don't know are valuable. But none are dismissed out of hand.

Case in point, a few years back I spy some neatly rolled fabric at a yard sale a while back. I'll be honest, the only reason even glanced at it is that is had pictures of Darth Vader on it. The day was late, my pickings thus far had been slim, and I was offered three different lengths of Star Wars material for a fiver.

I took a risk and bought the fabric, thinking that a worse case scenario would be my wife could maybe sew me up some pajamas (yes, I'm that cool). 

Fortunately, I took a little time researching the fabric and making a quick listing on eBay because...
The Force was strong with that one.
I write this not to brag about my good fortune (well... in addition to bragging about my good fortune), but to clue you in on another whole genre of flippable items just waiting to get picked. I still know very little about fabric, but I have since picked and flipped yardage of fabric several times with decent results.

The more you know off-hand about fabrics, the better equipped you are to find those perfect picks. So how does an idiot like me make it work? I often check the manufacturing info on the selvage
The selvage (or, in the UK, "selvedge") is the the edge of the fabric running lengthwise across the whole. On the bottom selvage is usually some information about, in the least, the manufacturer, the year, and name of the print.

Using this info alone, along with all measurements, a solid description, and plenty of good photos (it can be good to throw a ruler in there for relative size comparisons), you have got yourself a pretty solid listing.

Be honest about what you know (or how little you don't), be sure to mention any defects, and if that fabric smells funky, wash it first (also say that you washed it ). Trust me, if I can make some profits flipping fabric, anybody can.


6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you’re back. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I come and go. I'm hoping to get some new content up for you soon.

      Delete
    2. I hear ya. Life and jobs always getting in the way.

      Delete
  2. I definitely can see someone looking for skull patterns for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you aware about the Blockchain technology? If you want to know every possible update about the Blockchain exchange, you can take assistance from the skilled professionals by dialing Blockchain number. The experts will deliver result-oriented solution related to your matter. They are always functional to provide 100% authentic and handy solutions. The experts provide finest solutions and try to satisfy users with their valuable services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I advise the slow load method. I believe the danger of side effects and strain on your detoxing system is not worth the faster results of the quick load. CREATINE Let's be honest, one month isn't very long to wait anyway. If you've been working out for some time you've in all likelihood realised that getting strong and big is a long process, not measured in weeks or months but in years. Be patient, and do what's best for your long term development.


    where to buy CREATINE
    CREATINE powder
    creatine muscle builder
    https://creatine.wheretobuyy.com/

    ReplyDelete